Tuesday, February 22, 2005


This is the same man from the previous picture, he is holding a picture of his wife. We spent 2 hours with him as he told us the story of how he lost his wife. He wept as he shared that as he was having breakfast with his wife and daughter the wave came into the house and then washed them out and separated them. He was able to hold on to a tree and watch as his wife, who was able to push their daughter to saftey but then tripped on the sari she was wearing and was overcome by the wave. I wish I had a photo of him at the end of our time. In this photo you can see the utter sorrow and lifelessness but after hours of reflecting on who his wife was and telling his favorite stories of their life together (which he had a lot, this man was passionate about his wife, it was inspiring!) and after we layed hands and prayed for him, he looked completely different. He also said something profound. He said people have come to help before you came, they handed out some supplies but you are the first to ask me about my heart and how I am doing. Then he said I am finally at peace. Yup thats our God at work! Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home